Friday, June 17, 2016

Starting New Things

I read a fair number of food blogs.  I troll Pinterest.  I follow the appropriate parenting/life coach types.  The last thing the world needs is more fucking blogs.  That being said, there isn't really an app or a site that curates all of the things and thoughts worth keeping, you know what I mean?

That's what this is for.  To keep track of recipes worth using again.  To thumbs up or thumbs down all the random shit people try to sell me all the time.  My thoughts on life, which you can take or leave, so I can look back and realize again what a dorkhead I can be.

I wish I could make the page look cool but I don't understand what all the words and buttons are saying.  So ... none of that.  Just real talk, no bullshit.  On all of the things.

A preview of things to come:






This is how I feel about Christina Tosi, the treats lady of the Momofuku empire in NY.  I made her Momofuku Milk Bar Chocholate Chip Cake which is the most irksome and time-consuming cake I have ever made.  EVER.  And I have made a lot of cakes.  And it tastes so fucking amazing which just makes me angrier why is it is so hard to make I hate you Christina Tosi. 

Conclusion: If you really, really love someone (and I guess I really love my sister) and they really love interesting and unique flavors, then make the cake.  If you don't want to stock a lot of random shit you will never use in your regular life and value the hours in your day, then buy the goddamn thing here and be done with it.  And laugh at me instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment